Bishop Cotton School, Shimla, (Himachal Pradesh, India) is one of the oldest boarding schools for boys in Asia, having been founded on 28 July 1859, by Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton. Bishop Cotton also founded the Bishop Cotton Boys' School and Bishop Cotton Girls' School in Bangalore. The alumni of Bishop Cotton are known as Old Cottonians. The Bishop Cotton School, Shimla celebrated 150 years of existence in 2009.
||Gnat IE1221 at the War memorial area at Bishop Cotton School. It sports the markings of No.2 Squadron "Flying Arrows"|
|Another view of the aircraft - mounted on a platform.|
|View from the rear - confirming the identity of the war veteran.|
|A view from the front|
The Gnat is mainted in good condition by the school. The aircraft was inducted in IAF service around 1964, possibly one of the examples assembled by HAL from imported kits. It is noted as taking part in the 1965 operations, flying with No.23 Squadron "Panthers" the very unit that claimed several PAF F-86 Sabres in air combat in the war.
Photos Courtesy: ???